Meet the Board
Bennett Sondeno – Executive Director
Bethany Sondeno – Treasuer
Wyoming has been my home since my family moved here from the north face of the Crazy Mountains when I was four years old. I grew up in Cody, met my lovely wife here, we went to Laramie for higher education, and now we are back. For most of my life I have dealt with chronic digestive disease, and I know the efficacy of cannabis. Over the years, I have known many people who have treated a variety of disorders very effectively with medical marijuana. Access to this God-given medicine is a right of all free people, and I am working with Wyoming NORML to return that right to the citizens of this state.
-Bennett J. Sondeno
First and foremost I am a mother of five and grandmother of six. I have lived in Wyoming for all but two years of my life and grew up on my grandfathers ranch in Carbon county. I formed my first corporation at the age of 28 and currently own two businesses in Rawlins. I have been sick and in pain since 1998. After spending half a million dollars for specialists after specialists and surgery after surgery I found out I had been misdiagnosed for 16 years. Then I was diagnosed with chronic lyme disease in 2014, and four years into treatment using marijuana for pain control I have finally gotten my life back. My new goal in life is to share my personal experience with lyme disease and how marijuana saved my life.
- I graduated Campbell County High School Gillette, WY 1974.
- I graduated Wyoming Technical Institute Laramie, WY 1975.
- I married in 1975 and am the proud father of two children.
- In 1978 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
- 1979 I started my own auto mechanic business Frank’s Alignment and ran it successfully for 20 years.
- 1988 I became actively involved in community matters and ran for City Council. I served 8 years on the Council.
- 1995 I ran for Mayor and served 2 consecutive terms.
- 2002 I ran for State House Representative and served in that position for 2 terms.
- During this time I was an active member on many boards, the whole time dealing with my MS.
- I have received awards from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for the National Volunteer of the Year; Top Friend of Education from the Gillette Community College and Top Elected Official from the local Contracting Association.
- Currently I own and operate 3 different businesses in Gillette, Wyoming
- Graduate of Northwest College Powell, Wyoming
- Degrees in: Business Management and Office Administration
- Honors Certificate
- Office Manager Park County Fairgrounds
- Business Owner
- Planned, organized, and implemented Park County Speedway
- Promoted Park County Speedway for 6 years
Brittany Thorpe – Legal Director
I was raised in Cheyenne, WY. I Graduated from East High School in 2010, married my husband in May of 2013, and graduated from the University of Wyoming College of Law in 2020. I spend my free time writing and hanging out with my husband and our four dogs.